How to use Pinterest for lead generation
Pinterest is becoming an important player for marketers and their lead generation goals. Here we will review how to use Pinterest for business to help you drive awareness and traffic back to your website.
lets get to it…..
1) Pinterest Analytics
Pinterest now now offers FREE analytics tools for business accounts. This means you need a live working website. The analytics will give you more insight into your performance, ranging from impression and click data to engagement and behavior date….doesn’t get much better than this!
Why is it important for business’ lead generation?
You can now easily measure your influence and content strategy. You can measure this by looking at the activity around the content that you pinned as well as seeing what content on your website was pinned by users.
This will help you refine your content strategy to understand what kind of content your audience engages with giving you an idea of what to create in the future. **Understading what your content on Pinterest is doing, will help you double down on what works which will result in Pinterest being a traffic source for you.
How to use this:
- Once your website is verified, go to the top right menu on your Pinterest page and click “analytics”.
- You can watch this video tutorial to understand how to use Pinterest Analytics in more detail.
2) Rich Pins
Image source: Pinterest
Pinterest launched several new kinds of rich pins, each designed for different types of content.
- Article Pins include a headline, author and story description
- Product Pins include a headline, author and where to buy
- Recipe Pins include ingredients, cooking times and serving info
- Place pins include a map, address and phone number
- Movie pins include reviews, cast and ratings.
How does this effect your business? The most important takeaway is that you can now include new forms of content on Pinterest that in the past may have been lacking the visual component.
If a large part of your strategy is content marketing, ( which would be a good idea) then now you can expand the type of content you can use on Pinterest. Pinterest can now play a role as part of your content distribution networks, just don’t forget that it is still a very visual audience.
Any business can now promote their blog or share related content here.
How to use this
- Follow Pinterest’s official setup instructions
- Use article pins to be shared frequently along with the visual content that works really well on Pinterest.
- Company centric rich pins like product or place pins should be apart of your content sharing mix.
- Treat Pinterest like any other content marketing strategy. It is one channel with the goal of providing a source of traffic to your website. To accomplish this, make sure you are distributing and sharing mostly educational and entertaining content opposed to heavy me first content.