Twitter updates and how this effects your lead generation
You should keep an eye on Twitter updates and how this may effect your lead generation.
Social Media has 100% higher lead to close rate than outbound marketing. ( State of Inbound Marketing, 2012).
Twitter has for a few months rolled out a couple updates that can help impact your traffic and lead generation positively.
So lets get right to it….
1) Images in the Feed
What is it?
Twitter will now automatically show images right in the feed as you scroll similar to how Facebook does it. Basically users don’t have to click the link just to get to the image now. It is proven that images increase click through rates on social.
Why should you care?
HubSpot ran some A/B tests and determined that including an image can increase lead generation by 55%. They also found that images improved clicks, retweets, favorites and overall engagement.
How can you implement images into your tweets. For best results, use text for your headline, a link to the content you are sharing OR to a landing page to generate leads and now a link to an image to draw in peoples attention.
Actions to take:
- Along with text based tweets, start including relevant and compelling images
- Start using your own photo’s and images. The button looks like this:
- The image size can be 440 x 220.
- Limit the size of your photo to 3MB
- Limit your text. When Twitter automatically adds that image URL to your tweet, it usually takes up 26 characters of the 140.
- If your goal for Twitter is to help increase traffic and leads, then along with the text and image, you should include a link to your content or better yet your landing page to help drive traffic back to your platform.
2) Lead Gen Cards
For promotional tweets only, twitter cards are multimedia drop boxes that enable marketers to collect information like email addresses right from a tweet- no need for them to click off onto a landing page.
Why is this important?
One less action the visitor has to take. Your sponsored tweets can now work for you in collecting your leads information. Twitter provides you with the analytics on the performance of your cards, including leads, cost per, and ad spend.
Action to take
- Log in to Twitter Ads
- Create your offer today. Create an offer that you know your targeted audience would be interested in. Content offers are a great way to generate top of the funnel leads. ( Those are people who are are aware they need something but not sure what).
- Here is a great blog post by HubSpot you should read to learn more about twitter cards for lead generation.